Blog posts

12.22.2006

hands-free, camera-free photography



Things are ending everywhere I turn. Today will be my last day at UW. Monday was my last meeting of the Madison Plan Commission. I shot this self-portrait without a camera, near the end of that meeting. Here's how: while sitting in the meeting, I streamed the city channel broadcast on my laptop, and then while speaking, took a screen capture of the video feed. Kind of fun, actually, since I could control the timing but not the framing. There was a 3-second delay, which is how I managed to catch both my hands in the air.

We leave the US on January 10. Once we get settled I will start posting regularly from Ukraine, assuming I can get a good connection. Have yourself some lovely holidays all!

/* Google Analytics code: ----------------------------------------------- */